Google

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Upon returning home

Upon returning home after being in Belgium for 6 months…..

I gave CarrieAnn a gigantic hug

I made a right turn on red

I tried to sleep in but couldn’t because 8am still feels like 3pm.

I realized that I missed the release of a lot of movies, I think they call it culture shock??? Oh, and music too!

I went and bought a large box of Oreo cookies and some vitamin D whole milk (that wasn’t heated beyond belief and packaged so it was still good a decade later). I then put all the Oreo’s in a mixing bowl, poured the milk in and ate all of it. Yes, all of it.

I figured out that the radio stations in Milwaukee still suck and actually got worse since I had left.

I discovered that my new favorite saddle is the San Marco Regal. Those of you who want to call me an “old man” or call it an “old man’s saddle” …well you just don’t have any concept of what a good saddle is. Yes, I bought the white Euro edition one on my way out of Belgium. So, that makes it just that much cooler. Brass rivets and all.

I went and made sure that the mountain bike trails that go over and around my favorite garbage dump of a ski hill are still there…at least those that didn’t fall into the river…or become the river. Mmmm…garbage dumb runoff…awesome lets go for a swim!

I decided that ride food should be cookies, pop tarts and other things of that nature. Who eats bananas anyway?

I have warmed up to the idea that coffee shop rides are good, yet still provide no real training value. Mostly because the time spent at the shop far exceeds that of the ride…

CarrieAnn caught red handed. Cookies for ride food...what a grand idea!

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture... I'm going to get you for that one!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bret-i'm so proud of you-awesome and beyond-auntjeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home